The Orlando Magic host the Washington Wizards on Saturday night hoping to end an embarrassing losing skid.
Indeed, the Magic have dropped each of their last 12 games against Washington, one of four Southeast Division foes Orlando must master if it hopes to develop into a playoff team.
The Magic last topped Washington on March 29th, 2013, behind a 30-point, 11-rebound effort from Tobias Harris. The only player currently in Orlando’s employ who was around for that victory is Nikola Vucevic, who didn’t play in that game due to a concussion. Instead, Kyle O’Quinn started at center.
It’s been a minute since Orlando’s had any success against John Wall and company. Indeed, the last time the Magic beat the Wizards...
- ... DeQuan Jones started at shooting guard for Orlando.
- ... the top film at the box office was G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which banked $40 million in its first weekend. The seventh film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Iron Man 3, was still more than a month away from release.
- ... Aaron Gordon was a senior at Archbishop Mitty in San Jose, California.
- ... the top song on the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Harlem Shake,” by Baauer.
- ... Grant Hill, Tracy McGrady, and Brandon Roy were still in the NBA.
- ... The Office was in the midst of its final season.
- ... Rob Hennigan was in his first year as Orlando’s top decision-maker.
- ... the Chicago Cubs were about to embark on a season in which they’d post a 66-96 record and finish dead-last in the National League Central.
Tipoff between Orlando and Washington is set for 7 PM on Fox Sports Florida.