For the Magic, the decade started strong, with a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals, and finished well, with a return to the postseason.
By the end of 2019, the Magic had ended their seven-year postseason drought, produced an All-Star, traded for a former No. 1 pick, and saw progress in the development of what they hope will be cornerstone pieces.
Despite the slow start to the 2019-2020 season, including that inexcusable decade-ending loss to the Hawks, 2019 was a successful year for the Orlando Magic.
Just as we did at the end of last year, we looked back at the year that was and put together our favorite stories below. Thank you all as always for joining us and staying loyal to the Magic through the good times and bad.
Happy New Year to all!
OPP Tweet of the Year
Magic fans, you’ve been waiting seven long seasons to see this:— Orlando Pinstriped Post (@OPPMagicBlog) April 8, 2019
OPP Headlines of 2019
- What changed so suddenly for the Orlando Magic as they turned their season around?
- The Orlando Magic have clinched a playoff spot! Twitter reacts to the Magic clinching a playoff spot.
- The winners and losers of the 2019 Orlando Magic.
- Season in review: Finals grades for key members of the Orlando Magic.
- Nikola Vucevic, having a career-year in his eighth season, is a first-time All-Star. Twitter reacts to Vucevic making the All-Star team.
THE FULTZ COLLECTION:
- The Magic trade Jonathon Simmons for former No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz.
- Twitter reacts to the Markelle Fultz trade.
- Markelle Fultz is ready for a fresh start in Orlando.
- The Magic preach patience with Markelle Fultz.
- The Markelle Fultz trade deserves some skepticism.
- Q&A: Markelle Fultz, the saga in Philadelphia, and the fresh start in Orlando.
- The Magic need Markelle Fultz this season.
- A guide to controlling your Markelle Fultz hype. Introducing the “Wes Iwundu Test.”
- Markelle Fultz shines in his regular season debut with the Magic.
- The third-year surge: Can Jonathan Isaac take a leap similar to that of Pascal Siakam?
- What about Evan Fournier? A case for Orlando’s forgotten swingman.
- Nikola Vucevic is embracing his All-Star moment.
- Profiles on prospects the Magic should consider in the 2019 NBA Draft.
- If the Orlando Magic make the playoffs, will that lead to future success?
- It’s time for one of the Magic’s biggest games of the decade.
- Aaron Gordon’s potential routes to stardom.
- The Magic strike first in Game 1 against the Raptors thanks to D.J. Augustin’s heroics. Twitter reacts to the Magic’s Game 1 win over the Raptors.
- Wes Iwundu is coming into his own for the Orlando Magic.
- 10 days of Michael Carter-Williams in Orlando.
- Ranking the Magic’s top 20 Dunk Content dunks.
- Short term fixes for the Orlando Magic’s slow start.
- A running diary of the Orlando Magic’s point guard rotation.
- Is Mo Bamba having a moment? The second-year center is suddenly providing meaningful production and occasional game-altering contributions.
- A conversation about Chuma Okeke with an Auburn writer.
- Where have you gone, Nikola Vucevic? A look at the Magic center’s postseason struggles.
- What to expect of Al-Farouq Aminu in a crowded Orlando Magic frontcourt.
- A Q&A with longtime Orlando Magic announcer David Steele. Steele reflects on his 30-year career as the voice of the Magic.
- The Magic’s resiliency was tested once again in their win over the Warriors.
- The Magic’s sizable investment in size.
- Khem Birch deserves more playing time.
- An ugly end to successful season for the Orlando Magic.
- The best single-season statistical averages for the Magic during the 2010s
- Are the Magic for real this time?
- I was wrong about the Orlando Magic. An overdue mea culpa as the Orlando Magic wrap up their most successful season in a long time.