The Magic have added another jersey to the collection.
After the debut of their space-themed city edition jersey on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Lakers, the Magic now have 17 total jerseys in the closet, according to their Instagram account...
So what better time to unveil the Orlando Magic jersey power rankings? Keep in mind this is just one opinion and rankings will vary a great deal based on personal preference. But without further ado...
13. The Stars alternate jersey from last season reminded me of something out of the Summer League. The Magic don’t look thrilled with their wardrobe in this photo.
12. The Blue Block road jersey from Dwight Howard’s younger years was from when the league was taking a minimalist approach with jersey style. A little too bland.
11. The White Block home jersey, while also bland, was a classy look. If only we had seen Grant Hill in it, or any other Magic jersey, more often.
10. The logo on the Star White home jersey always came off as cartoonish too me and the star pattern didn’t pop the way it did on the road blue jersey. But it will forever remind me of Tracy McGrady’s off-the-backboard dunk in the All-Star Game.
9. The Magic shifted away from the traditional blue/black/white color schemes and added sleeves for the first time with the Pride jersey.
8. The White Pinstripe home jersey that debuted in 2008 coincided with the Magic’s run to the NBA Finals. They looked even better with that trophy patch on them.
The current Association edition of the home whites have only subtle changes, so we’ll include them here too...
7. I liked the prominent use of the Magic logo on the City Edition jersey from Wednesday night. The night sky backdrop, which the Magic said “celebrates the magic that exists in our solar system and beyond” was fine to experiment with. I’d recommend using of the logo in place of the team name on the Magic’s regular pinstriped uniforms.
6. The Magic brought the Black Pinstripe design back into the rotation in 2010 as an alternate jersey. Again, minimal difference between that version and their current Statement jersey.
5. The return of the Blue Pinstripe jersey in 2008, albeit a toned down and non-linear version compared to the 1990s version, was appreciated.
4. The Star Blue (and the subsequent Star Blue Light) is from an era when the league had more animated uniforms. The jersey has always seemed to receive mixed reviews, many even hated them, but I was always a big fan.
3. The 1990s are about to dominate the top three. The alternate Pinstripe Blue became a must-have for many NBA fans in the mid-90s.
2. The originals are still the best, IMO. Still waiting for the Pinstripe White throwback night.
1. The classic Pinstripe Black form the glory days, easily the most iconic jersey in the Magic’s collection, takes the top spot. Don’t think there will be much debate on this one.
Feel free to make your own ranking.
Is there some Magic fan out there who actually hates the look of the classic black pinstripe? Which jerseys do you own? (For me it’s Shaq, Penny, T-Mac, Howard, and I’ll even admit it, Steve Francis). What did you think of the City Edition jersey from Wednesday? Which jersey should be removed from the Magic’s history and forgotten about?
Debate it all in the comments below.