Y'all know the Friday routine by now. Let's take a look at last week's Orlando Magic news, shall we?
- BIGS!: Zach dives deep on the Magic's bigs in this player-evaluation post. As I wrote in the comments section, he makes great points about the much-maligned Channing Frye. Dude did hit 39.3 percent of his threes. I just don't think he took enough of them. For a shooter like Frye, even 4.6 triple-tries per game is too few.
- ORLANDO MAGIC F/W 2016 RTW: If the Magic wind up playing this Christmas Day, they're going to look fresh to death. I really like the direction the NBA has taken with its holiday threads after three consecutive years of garishness.
- AS THIBS TURNS: NOLA bears watching after the New Orleans Pelicans fired their coach, Monty Williams, on Tuesday. One surmises they'll join the Magic in competing for Tom Thibodeau's services this summer, should the Chicago Bulls ax their elite head coach.
- PORZINGA! (OR WHATEVER THE HECK THE BIG BANG CATCHPHRASE IS): It's mock Draft season again, and Chad Ford's first mock has the Magic adding Kristaps Porzingis to their booming stable of bigs. Ford believes a seven-footer who can protect the rim and shoot the three would work wonderfully in Orlando.
- SUMMER IN THE GYM: Aaron Gordon is working on his jumper. That's an excellent use of offseason time! With acknowledgement to The_Wet_Bandit, who fanshotted the story.
Thank you, as always, for reading.