There's no time like a Friday to take a look back and survey the week that ended. Here's a recap of the top Orlando Magic stories.
- Payton not a Rookie of the Year favorite: Elfrid Payton, the Magic's rookie point guard, is having a terrific season. Zach Oliver explains why, despite Payton's recent stellar play, he likely won't wrest Rookie of the Year honors from the likes of Andrew Wiggins and Nikola Mirotić.
- Japes: Speaking of Payton, the Magic did their level best to convince us that he cut his hair. Fortunately, it was merely an April Fools' Day prank.
- Hennigan potentially here to stay: A new report says the Magic will attempt to lock Rob Hennigan in to a contract extension which will keep him the team's general manager for the foreseeable future. Hennigan has a mostly solid track record, but the Magic's disappointing 2014/15 season--even by modest standards--has given some fans pause about this news.
- Pros and cons: Yaron Weitzman takes a deeper look at Hennigan's résumé.
- Magic Hall: The Magic recently inducted Shaquille O'Neal into their Hall of Fame. At Orlando Magic Daily, Brett David Roberts makes the case for the next five players the team should honor. At present, the three members of the Magic Hall of Fame are O'Neal, Nick Anderson, and Pat Williams.