Round 1 is completed.
Round 2 starts now.
After two days of submissions, these are the captions that made the cut. The submissions will be listed by number of "recs/votes" in descending order, starting with the leader.
Please vote in the poll for the caption you like the most.
Okay, let me get this straight, Jameer. You want me to put my hand in his face, right?
by Mr. Hoss, 9 recs
Dwight: He says his name is Derek Fisher. Yeah, it sounds familiar but can you just Google him for me?
by McDee, 5 recs
Jameer Nelson: Dwight, can you hear me now?
Dwight Howard: Of course, I'm at a WNBA game.
by UNFNOLE, 5 recs
Dwight: Seriously J.J., I’m telling you, wear a wig, keep going with your skin care regime and you’ve got a shot at playing for the Sparks. Look at this way, minutes is minutes man. You don’t have the skills to be proud right
Derek: Man, I reckon the Lakers can do the same for Sasha Vujacic. He’s at least got a girl’s name!
by big aaron, 4 recs
*Dwight and Derek check out this year's refs*
Otis, you got to get a 4th center. They're calling everything here!
by JayPar16, 4 recs
I'll always be your baby boy, mom, but you have to stop being me t-shirts from Baby Gap.
by pjlawrence81, 4 recs
I'm sure everyone here is familiar with a "create a caption" competition, but in case someone here doesn't know what this type of contest is ... basically a picture is provided and you, the reader, attempt to come up with a quick sentence describing what's occurring in the photo. The line can be funny, stupid, witty, etc.
I'll be a judge but I like to have another collective voice determining the winner, that way there's a bit of a consensus among the community. What I prefer for everyone here to do is this ... if you like the caption a fellow member has come up with, "recommend" it. That will be 'your vote', in essence. If you don't know how to "recommend" a comment, go to the comment you like, click on 'actions', then click on 'rec'. You can "recommend" multiple captions/comments, if you want.
So for a quick recap.
- Write a quick sentence describing what's occurring in the photo.
- If you like a caption/comment that's been written, "recommend" it.
- After you "recommend" a caption/comment, write something (like +1, for example) to indicate you like the sentence a 3QC member has written.
- The contest will last four days, so whichever caption/comment gets the most recommendations, wins. In case of a tie, I'll determine the winner. [NEW]
- There will be two rounds in the competition. In the first round (Friday/Saturday), submissions are made and votes are tallied. At the end of the second day, the submissions that garnered four or more "recs/votes" will advance. In the final round (Sunday/Monday), votes are tallied for the eligible submissions. [NEW]
- Winner will be announced Monday afternoon or evening. [NEW]
- The contest is subject to change.
Let the contest begin!