Round 1 is completed.
Round 2 starts now.
After two days of submissions, these are the captions that made the cut. The submissions will be listed by number of "recs/votes" in descending order, starting with the leader.
Please vote in the poll for the caption you like the most.
Anthony Johnson: I SAID NO MAYO!
by stanleygoober, 11 recs
Son, you're about to meet the People's Elbow.
by The Dark, 5 recs
O.J. Mayo: Sniff that Axe body spray?
by Jwoey, 4 recs
I'm sure everyone here is familiar with a "create a caption" competition, but in case someone here doesn't know what this type of contest is ... basically a picture is provided and you, the reader, attempt to come up with a quick sentence describing what's occurring in the photo. The line can be funny, stupid, witty, etc.
I'll be a judge but I like to have another collective voice determining the winner, that way there's a bit of a consensus among the community. What I prefer for everyone here to do is this ... if you like the caption a fellow member has come up with, "recommend" it. That will be 'your vote', in essence. If you don't know how to "recommend" a comment, go to the comment you like, click on 'actions', then click on 'rec'. You can "recommend" multiple captions/comments, if you want.
So for a quick recap.
- Write a quick sentence describing what's occurring in the photo.
- If you like a caption/comment that's been written, "recommend" it.
- After you "recommend" a caption/comment, write something (like +1, for example) to indicate you like the sentence a 3QC member has written.
- The contest will last four days, so whichever caption/comment gets the most recommendations, wins. In case of a tie, I'll determine the winner.
- There will be two rounds in the competition. In the first round (Friday/Saturday), submissions are made and votes are tallied. At the end of the second day, the submissions that garnered four or more "recs/votes" will advance. In the final round (Sunday/Monday), votes are tallied for the eligible submissions.
- Winner will be announced Monday afternoon or evening.
- The contest is subject to change.
Let the contest begin!