Don't forget to read our season preview. Onto today's news:
- Dave Darling of the Orlando Sentinel says the Bright House and FSN Florida are nowhere near reaching a resolution which would make the Orlando Magic games FSN Florida broadcasts available in all Central Florida households. As Marie notes in the FanPosts, that's bad news. "Bad news" as in, "virtually-no-Magic-games-on-TV-during-the-second-half-of-the-season" bad.
- DougStats.com has complete Orlando Magic preseason statistics. (ht: Ziller)
- Brian Schmitz wants to know whom the Magic will sign as their third point guard. He mentions Eddie Gill, whom they passed on in favor of the now out-for-the-season Mike Wilks, and Troy Hudson, who considered undergoing career-ending hip surgery less than a year ago, as possibilities and says Hudson's reps have contacted the Magic. Question: why not Blake Ahearn? The Minnesota Timberwolves cut him to make room for Kevin Ollie (?!). Ahearn is a lights-out shooter, says Ridiculous Upside, and might make sense as a third guard on an NBA team. They can probably sign anyone to a minimum-salary contract if they're willing to waive Jeremy Richardson first; Richardson's contract doesn't become guaranteed until January 10th.
- Schmitz also wants to know which Magic players will join Wilks on the inactive list to start the season. My take: Jeremy Richardson, because he barely made the roster anyway; and Adonal Foyle, because Tony Battie (who is healthy enough to play in the season-opener) and Marcin Gortat are better players. That was easy.
- And now for something completely different, Dwight Howard's latest adidas advertisement. It's more than fluff, actually. Dwight explains why he wears that weird undershirt thing when he plays. Also, in the background, you can see posters of the Larry O'Brien trophy adhered to every locker in the Magic's dressing room.
Have a good weekend.