|Jameer Nelson||PG||Deron Williams|
|Keith Bogans||SG||Ronnie Brewer|
|Hedo Turkoglu||SF||Andrei Kirilenko|
|Rashard Lewis||PF||Carlos Boozer|
|Dwight Howard||C||Jarron Collins|
25 words or fewer: Orlando looks to boost its home record to above .500 in a game against struggling Utah, which has lost eight of its past ten games.
Know Your Enemy: The Jazz sometimes play down to the level of their competition, having lost to Sacramento, Atlanta, and Charlotte during their recent slide.
Useless information: In Andrei Kirilenko's last visit to Orlando, he was held scoreless in 21 minutes of action; he did not even attempt a shot. It was just the fourth time in his career he had been held scoreless as a starter, and the first time playing more than 9 minutes.
- It's Rashard Lewis Bobblehead Night at the
O-RenaAmway Arena. In the ultimate act of irony, the doll might have more range of motion in its neck than its real-life counterpart. Lewis' neck is so sore that he got an MRI yesterday to see if there's any severe damage. Yikes.
- Lewis' last game against the Jazz was a good one for him: he had 35 points and 8 rebounds in a win for the SuperSonics. He also knocked in six three-pointers. Of course, maybe that game should have an asterisk next to it; the Jazz were without Andrei Kirilenko, their best defender.
- The last time the Jazz were in town, we beat them convincingly behind Dwight Howard's 31 points and 15 rebounds.
- Still no word on if Carlos Arroyo will be available tonight. That left foot must really be bothering him. As important as he is to our success, Keyon Dooling has flourished in his stead.
- Last season's defeat of Utah partly "inspired" me to write this laughable piece I wrote at the original Third Quarter Collapse. The title? "In Defense of Brian Hill." Yeah, I know. Mybad.
- The Jazz's Gordan Giricek, a former Magic player, won't be in the arena to face the Magic tonight. The Deseret Morning News repots Jerry Sloan banished him to the locker room during the Jazz's loss to Charlotte on Wednesday, then sent him home after the game. Ouch. Good thing his contract runs out at the end of the year, I guess. (Hat tip: Fanhouse)
I'll be at the game tonight, so the recap will be up later than usual. Post your pre-, in-, and post-game comments in this thread. C'mon, Magic! I want free donuts tomorrow morning!