- Bill Simmons posted part two of his four-part NBA season preview, and the Magic are involved. He lists them as finishing with 44 wins, good for 4th in the conference. Prior to the season, he had us winning 36 games, or 13th in the conference. Why does he expect a big increase in wins?
Because they stumbled into a definitive identity: Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu handle the scoring, Dwight Howard handles the boards, Jameer Nelson and Arroyo handle the ball and everyone else is just happy to be there. It's a simple basketball team with a smart coach and an efficient goal.
- InsideHoops knows who's on the NBA's All-Star ballot. The Magic are represented by Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, and Dwight Howard. No surprises there. (Via TrueHoop).
- Commenters in this post at SB Nation's Kings blog, Sactown Royalty, propose Sacramento/Orlando trade scenarios.
- Meanwhile, Brian McCormick wants the Kings to trade Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Orien Greene to Orlando for Carlos Arroyo and Trevor Ariza. I'd try it in the Trade Machine, but it won't let me because Greene can't be traded until December 15th or until 3 months after the day he signed with the Kings, whichever is later. In any case, I would not make that deal. Trevor has proven over the past two games that he can provide energy and athleticism off the bench, something this team desperately needs. There's no reason to mortgage him for a three-year Shareef rental.
- Mike Bianchi writes that Magic fans are lucky to have such great owners because, hey, at least they aren't Clay Bennett of the Seattle SuperSonics. That's nice, but it reminds me of this Bill Maher bit from last year:
Prop 87 out here in California is about lessening our dependence on oil by using alternative fuels, and Bill Clinton comes on at the end of the ad and says, "If Brazil can do it, America can, too." Excuse me, since when did America have to buck itself up by saying we could catch up to Brazil?!
Would you trade Carlos Arroyo and Trevor Ariza to Sacramento for Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Orien Greene?
This poll is closed
Hahahaha! Good one.