- Stan Van Gundy answered a question that had been on the minds of many of the Magic faithful: why hasn't Trevor Ariza seen more playing time? As usual, John Denton has the answer. Van Gundy explained that he doesn't like to make adjustments when his teams are "on a roll," as the Magic were before the Suns crushed them at home on Saturday. He added that Trevor's performance on Saturday was "professional" and "fabulous." So it sounds like we're going to see more of him.
- Bethlehem Shoals offers his take on the Shareef-to-Orlando rumors over at Fanhouse. I agree with his assessment that the Magic need cap flexibility, and thus trading valuable expiring contracts to Sacramento for Shareef Abdur-Rahim is not a good idea. The Magic's need for a big man is only temporary; why trade for an aging power forward with three years left on his deal when you can sign a veteran to a one-year deal?
- Wondering which Magic players might get traded this season? Brian Schmitz lays down the odds in his blog. Carlos Arroyo, Pat Garrity, Keith Bogans, J.J. Redick, and Ariza are among the players he thinks the Magic might trade away in 2007/2008.
- Who else but Jerry Greene, my favorite Orlando Sentinel writer, would pass along the news that Orlando-area Dunkin' Donuts locations will give away free donuts the day after any Magic win? He explains:
- You need show no proof of watching the game.
- The game doesn't even have to be on local TV and it doesn't matter if it is played home or away.
- Just show up the day after a victory and pick the free doughnut of your choice.
How cool is that? They did the same thing in Tampa/St. Pete with The Baseball Team Formerly Known As The Devil Rays and gave away about 110,000 doughnuts as the TBTFKATDR actually won 66 games.
- Speaking of the Tampa Bay
DevilRays, check out DRaysBay, SB Nation's Rays blog, which has recently undergone some cosmetic changes to fit in with the rebranding of the baseball franchise.