|Jason Williams||PG||Jameer Nelson|
|Dorell Wright||SG||Keith Bogans|
|Jeremy Richardson||SF||Hedo Turkoglu|
|Udonis Haslem||PF||Dwight Howard|
|Shaquille O'Neal||C||Adonal Foyle|
25 words or fewer: The Magic will try to keep the Heat winless in preseason play in a matchup of in-state rivals.
Know your enemy: The Heat, just two years removed from winning an NBA title, are coming off a game against Atlanta in which they were held scoreless in overtime en route to a 106-100 loss.
Useless information: Heat power forward Udonis Haslem scored 22 points on Wednesday night, which is the most points he's scored in a single game since last November, when he torched New Jersey for 28 points on 10-of-14 shooting.
- You can listen to tonight's game for free by following this link to NBA.com Audio League Pass.
- The Magic will be without the services of forward Rashard Lewis, who left Wednesday's game against Charlotte after spraining his right ankle.
- Heat forward Antoine Walker is so out-of-shape that coach Pat Riley fears he won't be in playing condition until January. Riley is cutting Walker some slack, though. After all, Walker was the victim of a home-invasion robbery this past offseason.
- This game will be the last one the Magic play stateside until October 25th; next week, they venture to China to play the Cleveland Cavaliers twice and Team China once.
- I really want to see more of Marcin Gortat, who has played just 11 minutes in the Magic's two preseason games. He scored 7 points in 7 minutes against Charlotte and first-hand accounts tell us he's good at running the floor. He'll be important to our season, as he will likely back up Adonal Foyle at center.
- Former Magic guard Penny Hardaway has a non-guaranteed contract with the Heat and is trying to make an NBA comeback. However, he hasn't played yet this preseason owing to a quadriceps strain and his status for tonight is unknown. Thus, Magic fans will likely have to wait until the team's November 24th matchup with Miami to see the former face of their franchise return to action... for the enemy.