With all the debate about the draft and different feelings about the direction of the team, I thought it would be fun to see what you would do with the current roster. The parameters are as follows.
1. You take over as of today so the roster after the draft is the roster you have to work with (no draft redos sorry 3.3)
2. Any trades made would have to work in the ESPN trade machine
3. your ultimate goal is to have a Play off team by 2017
4. You have to work within the current CBA, so salary cap does apply
5. which is subjective I know, but free agents you acquire would have to have a realistic chance of coming to city beautiful...ie even though we have the cap space there is no shot LBJ comes here
6. what your perjected win total would be for the year and that will determine you're draft posistion for the next year
If there are any other things you feel would be necessary that i may have missed please feel free to add it to your list of parameters. to help with the research I have included mocks for 2015 16 and 17 and the free agent class, as well as links to draft machine and projected cap space for the team.
2015 class- http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html#.U6-g-5SwKns
2016 class- http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2013/06/2016-nba-mock-draft-lottery.html#.U6-hipSwKns
2017 class- http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2013/06/2017-nba-mock-draft-lottery.html
2014 - http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24599060/2014-nba-free-agency-ranking-the-top-40-free-agents
nba draft machine- http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
cap space- http://www.spotrac.com/nba/orlando-magic/cap/
So there it is, Henny is out and you're in and your decisions are now at the scrutiny of this board