Given their desire to not tie up their salary cap with long-term deal, the Orlando Magic will likely have a slow free-agent period, reports Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel. Part of that commitment to keeping the cap clear, he says, means the Magic will not re-sign Beno Udrih.
Orlando acquired the veteran point guard, along with Tobias Harris and Doron Lamb, from the Milwaukee Bucks at the NBA trading deadline. In 27 appearances for Orlando, including nine starts, Udrih averaged 10.2 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 6.1 assists on 40.8 percent shooting from the floor.
Udrih is coming off a five-year contract worth the full mid-level exception. Though the 31-year-old is unlikely to command that sort of salary on a new contract, bringing him back is nonetheless out of Orlando's price range.
In this story, Orlando Pinstriped Post addressed Oladipo's play at point guard during Orlando Pro Summer League action.
More from Orlando Pinstriped Post:
- NBA Summer League 2013 schedule: Orlando Pro Summer League play winds down Thursday
- Watch: Maurice Harkless uses a great post move for a dunk against Heat
- NBA Summer League 2013 standings: Orlando Pro Summer League leaderboard after July 10th
- Get to know a 2013 NBA free agent: Josh Selby
- NBA Summer League 2013 schedule: Orlando Pro Summer League play continues Wednesday