Look i'm the first one to say let's keep JJ. Jameer has been my favorite player in the league since he arrived. This is a situation you can't pass up though. The reality is this:
- JJ isn't a long term Starter for us and he is going to want starter money.
- He deserves it but not for us. On our team he is a 6th man and needs that money to stay.
- Jameer probably isn't ready for a backup role yet, but in the next year or two it needs to be considered
The celtics would almost undoubtedly want jameer in the deal but if we can keep him and give them JJ and some bigs from our long list of bigs, I think it would work. JJ plus any 1 or two of the following:
- Al Harrington
- Joshua McRob
- The Ultimate Warrior Gustavo
- Give Glen back
- A pick from our big list of picks we acquired
This allows the following for the future:
- Nicholson can develop into his game
- KOQ will blossom, I'm telling you. Backup center - Reggie Evans with talent
- We take the chance on Rondo and if it works we have an all start PG and at the worst, jameer leaves and Moore backs him up, which is fine.
- Afflao is still a solid Defensive option and his scoring should increase as we get better. His TO's have been the only flaw I point out.
- Jones backups Afflao now and Harkless get's more time at SF
We are virtually in the same position, if not a little better with flexibility. I will be mad if we don't explore this trade.
Rondo - Jameer/Moore
Afflao - Jones/?
Harkless - ?
Nicholson - (Either Harrington, Davis or McRob)
Vuc - KOQ
That's not the best jump shooting team, but we are developing our young players and that is one hell of an athletic team that can run the floor, especially with rondo running the point.