1. Miami- Say what you want about the schedule, but they are destroying teams. Best pts differential. Only team to have both a 5 offense and defense. Say what you want but they are really playing good. Can not wait to see how they match up with the Magic.
2. San Antonio-Best offense. Top 10 defense. Best record overall in the league. Not much need be said other than they are the best team in the West at this moment.
3. Orlando- Like Miami they are destroying teams. Unlike Miami they are doing it against better competition. Offense has been too much to handle for teams and despite what people think, they play lock down defense when they need to. As of right now, this might be the most dangerous team in the league, due to the simple fact they have not even hit their stride yet.
4. Boston-Stingy defense. One of the best passing teams. Survived their injuries pretty good. Can they hold up physically? I don't know. They are really old. However the best defensive team I have seen this year so far.
5. LA Lakers-Four straight wins. Talent alone merits that they be here. Plus Dallas is just phyically a mess and starting to slip without Dirk.