Round 1 is completed.
Round 2 starts now.
After two days of submissions, these are the captions that made the cut. The submissions will be listed by number of "recs/votes" in descending order, starting with the leader.
Please vote in the poll for the caption you like the most.
"Tiger, I’m bamboozled you’re not rooting for the Magic. Get on the bus and support them. You know Dwight Howard, right? He got game! I know you like watching Kobe doin’ work, but this is about love and basketball. Orlando’s a sucker free city, man. Do the right thing."
by Ben Q Rock, 6 recs
Tiger: Yo, Spike, I know you about to make another movie and I'mma let you finish, but Spike Jonze is the best director of all-time!
by TheGiantSquid, 6 recs
Spike: The key to become a better celebrity fan is to start a rivalry with one of the other team's players. Preferably, someone ugly like Reggie [Miller] so people tend to take your side.
by bandrewg08, 4 recs
I'm sure everyone here is familiar with a "create a caption" competition, but in case someone here doesn't know what this type of contest is ... basically a picture is provided and you, the reader, attempt to come up with a quick sentence describing what's occurring in the photo. The line can be funny, stupid, witty, etc.
I'll be a judge but I like to have another collective voice determining the winner, that way there's a bit of a consensus among the community. What I prefer for everyone here to do is this ... if you like the caption a fellow member has come up with, "recommend" it. That will be 'your vote', in essence. If you don't know how to "recommend" a comment, go to the comment you like, click on 'actions', then click on 'rec'. You can "recommend" multiple captions/comments, if you want.
So for a quick recap.
- Write a quick sentence describing what's occurring in the photo.
- If you like a caption/comment that's been written, "recommend" it.
- After you "recommend" a caption/comment, write something (like +1, for example) to indicate you like the sentence a 3QC member has written.
- The contest will last four days, so whichever caption/comment gets the most recommendations, wins. In case of a tie, I'll determine the winner.
- There will be two rounds in the competition. In the first round (Friday/Saturday), submissions are made and votes are tallied. At the end of the second day, the submissions that garnered four or more "recs/votes" will advance. In the final round (Sunday/Monday), votes are tallied for the eligible submissions.
- Winner will be announced Monday afternoon or evening.
- The contest is subject to change.
Let the contest begin!
Choose the author which made the best caption.
Ben Q Rock (25 votes)
TheGiantSquid (25 votes)
bandrewg08 (25 votes)
75 total votes