Lot of bullet points to address today. Here we go.
- "Somebody said I should call myself Kareem Abdul-Dwight," Howard said [to the Orlando Sentinel]. Why the new persona? David Whitley explains.
- Rafer Alston made sure he had Tracy McGrady and Penny Hardaway on speed dial once he was traded to Orlando. Why? Well, because Skip wanted to get the "approval" of both players so that he could don the #1 jersey.
- Kyle Hightower catches up with All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson, where the St. Joe's product discusses his surgery.
- Dwight Howard was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played Tuesday, Feb. 17, through Sunday, Feb. 22. Congrats Superman!
- In recognition of Howard netting Player of the Week honors, here's a YouTube clip highlighting his career-night performance against the Charlotte Bobcats last Tuesday. Enjoy.
- Would you be interested in listening to a 3QC weekly podcast in the future? Provide your ideas and thoughts here. Consider it a simple questionnaire.
- UPDATE: This isn't really Magic news, per se, but I will be attending the Bulls/Magic game tomorrow here in Chicago at the United Center!
- UPDATE 2: This is completely off-topic, but I've posted a FanShot on the left-hand side of the site (check it out). I was going to share this a few days ago, but it slipped my mind. The post contains a video of one of THE most absurd sequences in an NBA game I've seen in my life. Ever. See for yourselves.