With an eventful year coming to a close for the Orlando Magic, I wanted to ask the community what its favorite memory was. 2009 was filled with plenty of moments that Magic fans will never forget.
Here's a few notable ones:
- The Magic setting an NBA record by making 23 threes during a game against the Sacramento Kings in the 2008-2009 season.
- Orlando sending a franchise-most three players (Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and Jameer Nelson) to the 2009 NBA All-Star Game.
- Howard setting an All-Star voting record by becoming the first NBA player - ever - to receive 3 million votes from fans (the exact number was 3,150,181 votes).
- Howard being named the 2009 Defensive Player of the Year. The first time in team history a Magic player has won the award.
- The Magic becoming the first squad to overcome a 3-2 series deficit against the Boston Celtics in a best-of-seven series. The C's were previously 32-0 when it held a 3-2 lead.
- Orlando winning the 2009 NBA Eastern Conference championship and advancing to the 2009 NBA Finals for the first time since 1995.
- Howard setting a Finals-record with 9 blocks in Game 4 against the Los Angeles Lakers, as well as surpassing Shaquille O'Neal to become the franchise leader in blocks during a game against the Detroit Pistons in the 2009-2010 season.
So, again, which memory was your favorite?