- The Magic will host a draft party at NBA City this Thursday. Read the full press release here. Dennis Neumann, David Steele, and Matt Guokas will be on hand, as well as the Magic Dancers. Rad.
- J.J. Redick turned 24 yesterday and believes he will play for the Magic next season. Just before last season's trading deadline, Magic GM Otis Smith said that a few teams had inquired as to Redick's trade availability. Apparently, his tune has changed:
Interest from other clubs "has not presented itself," Smith said.
- The Orlando Sentinel has a few items of note:
- Brian Schmitz lists the Magic's needs as, in order: shooting guard, point guard, and "a big." He also recommends the Magic take the best player available, regardless of need.
- Schmitz will have a live chat going starting noon today, just after Otis Smith's media availability session. Schmitz's chat announcement is here. I assume you'll be able to find the chat on the blog's front page.
- Magic guard Keyon Dooling has joined the NBA Players' Union nine-member executive committee, writes Tim Povtak. There's a quote in the article which indicates Dooling's currently vacationing in the Bahamas. Seems about right, yeah.
- Basketbawful, writing for Deadspin, has a list of things he learned from watching the 2008 NBA playoffs. He writes, "Dwight Howard might be the love child of Bigfoot and Godzilla."
The Magic might be stuck with J.J. for another year after all. If they trade Hedo Turkoglu, as many 3QC commenters have recommended, Redick might have value as a throw-in to make salaries match.