It's been a while since I've done a halftime update, but I have some stuff I didn't want to forget to mention later.
- It was Maurice Evans -- not Keith Bogans, Keyon Dooling, or J.J. Redick -- who started at the two tonight for us. He responded with 9 points and 4 rebounds in the first half, and provided great hustle.
- Jameer Nelson is back in the starting lineup.
- For what it's worth, Keyon has been huge off the bench with 10 points, tied with Rashard Lewis for the Magic lead.
- We absolutely dominated the first quarter, which we won, 35-20. We shot 71% and would have doubled-up the Clippers in scoring were it not for Corey Maggette's buzzer-beating trey.
- The Clippers proceeded to get serious in the second quarter. Tim Thomas (?!) was a one-man wrecking crew with 10 points and 4 assists in the period. By my count, he accounted for 18 of the Clippers' 34 points in that frame. Oh, and Corey Maggette has 16 first-half points on just 7 shot attempts. The NBA: Where Magic-killers happen.
- 11 players got burn in the first half. The one who didn't? Brian Cook, on his way to yet another DNP-CD. How's that Ariza trade working out for you, Otis?
Second half is about to start.