Ugh. I stayed up for this?
Tonight's game, which started at 12:30 AM here on the East Coat, has not been pretty so far.
- Pat Garrity has hit a number of open jump-shots, and he's really hustling on defense also. I don't know how much he'll play this season -- injuries to Rashard Lewis and Trevor Ariza have opened the door for him this preseason -- but he's making the most of the time he's getting.
- J.J. Redick appears to be rocking a fauxhawk. It's not such a great look on him. I feel like you should know this.
- Rick Kamla, tonight's play-by-play man, is trying to set a broadcasting record for most statistics mentioned per minute.
- There haven't been as many open shots tonight. Either Cleveland's defense has tightened up from Wednesday or our offense isn't being run very effectively.
- Cringe-worthy moment number one: Pat Garrity posts up Damon Jones on the left block, takes one dribble in, then spins out and fire a fadeaway; it barely grazes the front of the iron.
- Cringe-worthy moment number two: Adonal Foyle catches the ball seemingly wide-open underneath and has no idea what to do with it. As the defense collapses on him, he leaps and lays the ball directly into the rim.
- Dwight Howard is showing soft touch in the lane with his left hand, and he's done it over 7'3" Zydrunas Ilgauskas. This is encouraging to me. Dwight is primarily a dunker, so it's great to see him developing some more finesse around the hoop.
- Cleveland is murdering us on the boards, 23-15.
- Stop me if you've heard this one before: We'd be leading this game if we could hit our freaking free-throws. 12-of-20 is not going to get it done, guys.
The second half is about to get underway.